Remember your friend with the fun mom growing up? The one that let you dress up the dog, eat with your fingers, spill, break things and have ice cream for dinner? Now imagine her twenty years later running a roadhouse. That's how we like to think of ourselves at Wunderbar. Instead of a dusty basement with hand-me-down clothes and toys, we come fully equipped with board games, pool & darts, drink & eats, big screen TVs, rock painting, vintage campers, bonfires, s'mores, live music, jukebox, and dancing til' the cows come home. We wrap it all up in a cozy, eclectic North Woods setting that reminds you to throw out the rules and gives you permission to play!
Life is more fun when your grazing. Not on grass off course, unless you're the resident goat, but on soul warming and rib sticking creations straight from our kitchen to your table. Whether your stopping in for a quick beer and a bite, or bringing in the whole famn damily for a home cooked meal, we will be thrilled to have you and proud of what we serve.
From our signature Wunderpuffs made with a combination love and Dockside Smoked Salmon, to our sandwiches and burgers piled high, to the Famous Friday Fish Fry straight out of the "Big Lake", our food is always fresh and responsibly sourced.
Famous Bloody Bar from 11am-3pm Sat-Sun.
Thu 11am - 11pm
Fri 11am - Midnight
Sat 11am - Midnight
Sun 11am - 11pm
Famous Bloody Bar (Sat & Sun) 11am - 3pm
Happy Hour 3pm - 6pm
Kitchen Open Daily Until 10pm
1615 W Highway 61, Grand Marais, MN 55604
We have five vintage campers and two magical lotus belle tents available year round. When you arrive you will receive a swag basket filled with local coupons, local treats, passes to the YWCA, and complimentary drink to kick off your stay. The campers sleep 2-5 (depending on your size and much you like your bedmate). There is no need to cook as we have a full service restaurant on site and offer room service to your door in a little red wagon. Hot coffee and the worlds best donuts are available when the sun comes up! Come play the Wunderbar way!
• 13ft little gem from Australia - think I Dream of Jeannie mixed with a big-cozy blanket fort
• One organic double bed sleeps 2 (guests)
• Leather loveseat with steamer trunk
• Twinkle lights
• Zip-in quilted liner
• $125 Solid
• Sleeps 2 (guests) comfortably
• Vintage 1950's camper, looks just like June Cleaver should be hosting!
• Surrounded by Gnome gardens
• Magical hammock
• $100 / $75 with own bedding
• Sleeps 3-4 (guests) comfortably, spacious kitchen booth
• Artist commissioned mural on the outside, straight out of Woodstock
• Step back to 1967 inside and out
• Lava lamp, love beads, feelin’ groovy…
• $150 / $125 with own bedding
• A western themed 60’s Winnebago
• Wood floors, rope trim, and a liken fence table.
• Cute as a new born calf
• Sleeps 2-3 (guests) comfortably
• $125 / $100 with own bedding
• Sleeps 2 (guests) comfortably
• No poles to hold her up, she inflates with a bike pump!
• All cozed up with a full air mattress
• Tiny, cute and efficient!
• $75 / $50 with own bedding
If you have any general comments or questions, feel free to contact us by filling out our form!